First sight.

Die K 1200 GT + K 1200 GT im allgemeinen incl. technischer Fragen.

First sight.

Beitragvon caratz » 10.05.2006, 21:57

I went to my dealer in the late afternoon. I saw the bike in the workshop, with all the gear on it. Large topcase and tankbag. OK the large topcase kills its line, but it will hardly ever be used.

Of all the modifications I wanted, I'm afraid I'm not getting too many. Micheling Pilot Power isn't homologated on the bike yet. So it's the BT 020's with the UU specs. The horn ? Not a lot of room available to fit one. However my dealer is going to contact BMW to see what kind of horn can be fitted on it. It's a question of the CanBus system. I have chosen to ask for the extended warranty, which means I'll have a 4 year coverage. With a bike in its first year, it's not too stupid an idea. Supplement 290 €. The Navigator mount is already on the bike.

I have had reflecting foil added to the back of the cases, as well as a national "B". On the topcase, I have a bi color reflective strip. I want to be seen even in bad weather. I was almost rammed once by an idiot on the Oberalppass on the way to Andermatt. It was foggy as it can be there, and he hadn't seen me. Last safety addition, Hyperlites added to the brake lights. They are a set of twice 12 LED's that flicker when you hit the brakes. Added attention grabber for cagers. These will be put on on Wednesday by the guys who'll fit the Baehr on the machine.

The color I chose is beyond belief. Graphite grey with light grey side panneling. It's just out of this world.

The quality of the workmanship seems extraordinary. I was standing in awe, staring at the machine, not able to realize that tomorrow I'd ride it to its new home.

May whoever is up there grant you and me many miles of joy, fun and safe riding. May I be granted the wisdom to know my limits, those of the bike are way way way beyond mine.
Caratz
1994 R 1100 RS "Lady Maggy"
2006 K 1200 GT "Peppi" the Beast
caratz

Zurück zu K 1200 GT - K 1200 GT