First experience with K1200 GT (coming off a Yamaha FJR 1300

Die K 1200 GT + K 1200 GT im allgemeinen incl. technischer Fragen.

First experience with K1200 GT (coming off a Yamaha FJR 1300

Beitragvon jan-caro » 24.06.2006, 10:02

I am new to this forum, and although I have to contibute in English (apologies for that) I like this forum because it is type specific. This makes it far more interesting.

After 3 years of FJR riding, got my K1200GT delivered last Thursday.
What a magnificent machine.
It's a blue Exclusive, with high windshield (i'm 1.89 mtr) and large topcase, coated :) :) in blue colour, same as the bike. :lol: Terrific combination.

During my testrides on the demo's with the dealers in the area, some flaws were apperant. :? (However the offset with many, many positive points made my choice on the K1200 instead of the renewed FJR)

Most noticeable were:
- Injection response, on-off
- Gearchange when selecting 1st gear; and then shifting into 2nd & 3rd gear with a lot of mechanical noise

What needs to be fixed is the play in the throttle, however first impresssion is that throttle response is already improved since the early demo ride.
Also the gearchange noises are a lot less then on the demo bikes.

Is BMW that quick with small, noticeable improvements on their bikes?
Anyway I am delighted with it

Regards,
Jan
jan-caro

Beitragvon caratz » 24.06.2006, 19:53

Yo Jan, welcome to this bunch of nutters.

There is definitely one item on which Japanese manufacturers are superior to BMW, it's the gearboxes. For the rest, BMW's are either equal or better, once the child's illnesses are over. Usually, they will be pretty quick on the ball with corrections, callbacks and software updates.

You have to accept a gearbox that goes "KLONK" when you go to first and second gear at low RPM, in counterpart, you get a superb, technologically original bike. Tell us how you feel about it as you get accustomed to it.

Hey people, any useful aftermarket seat yet ? Heated preferably.
Caratz
1994 R 1100 RS "Lady Maggy"
2006 K 1200 GT "Peppi" the Beast
caratz

Beitragvon jan-caro » 28.06.2006, 21:31

caratz hat geschrieben:Yo Jan, welcome to this bunch of nutters.

I'm already starting to feel at home here........it helps !
jan-caro

Beitragvon jan-caro » 05.07.2006, 21:19

caratz hat geschrieben:
You have to accept a gearbox that goes "KLONK" when you go to first and second gear at low RPM, in counterpart, you get a superb, technologically original bike. Tell us how you feel about it as you get accustomed to it.

Biggest problem with the machine it is begging to be abused. :lol: It drives better when speeding than when cruising.
The gearbox / clutch combo ist ganz nicht wunderbar, a bit of a letdown when riding slowly in traffic.
However gearbox is no problem when reaching higher rev's.
jan-caro

Zurück zu K 1200 GT - K 1200 GT