BMW Navigator III

Alles vom Orginalzubehör bis zum PDA mit Navisoftware.

BMW Navigator III

Beitragvon Poli » 16.01.2006, 14:10

Hallo,

Vielleicht interessiert's jemanden: Der Navigator III ist ab April beim Freundlichen erhältlich.
Basis bildet der 2720 von Garmin, die Zusatztastatur vom Nav II bleibt.
Feature: WCS-1 kompatibel!
Die Infos habe ich aus einem BMW-Prospekt der auf Brüsseler Messe verteilt wurde.
Gruss aus Luxemburg,
Paul
Poli

Beitragvon RoadRunner » 23.01.2006, 16:40

Hallo!
Was soll das gute Stück denn kosten? :cry:

Gruß
RR
RoadRunner

Beitragvon K1200S-Fan » 26.01.2006, 18:57

Hallo,

was ist denn mit "WCS-1 kompatibel" gemeint? Hat der Navigator III jetzt auch Bluetooth integriert oder ist damit die neue BMW Bluetooth-Motorstation gemeint, an die der Navigator III per Kabel angeschlossen werden kann (so wie bei der Bluesonic-Motorstation von Schuberth)?
K1200S-Fan

Motorrad: K1200S, BJ 2005

Beitragvon RoadRunner » 11.03.2006, 09:46

Hallo!

Habe gelesen, das der Navigator III erstmals auf der Messe in Dortmund der Öffentlichkeit vorgestellt werden soll. Hat hierzu jemand vielleicht einen Schnapschuss oder vielleicht noch einen Preis dazu - auch wenn ich ihn gar nicht wissen will, glaub ich... :cry: ?

Gruß RR
RoadRunner

Beitragvon caratz » 12.03.2006, 18:33

I'm getting a bit confused as to where I'm posting what.... Who is it that posted " I have a short attention..."

Yesterday I popped in at my dealer's. He gave me the shop documentation for the Navigator 3.

It IS based on the 2720 of Garmin but has unique supplementary features such as :

-Bluetooth, to connect with bluetooth helmet
-Said bluetooth allows connecting a bluetooth mobile phone via the GPS and getting the sound in the helmet. If you do that, the number will be displayed on the screen of the GPS. That also counts for INCOMING CALLS.
-You'll also be able to use your touchscreen from the GPS to dial a number.

Then you get the classical BMW features such as :

-Compas
-Tracklog
-Function buttons on the bracket.

Good news for users of Navigator 2 and 2+, the Navigator 3 is fully compatible with the bracket of the 2 and 2+.

Price, as said in an earlier post 1485 €, no car kit included.

Both systems are compatible with the RDS module that can be installed to automatically calculate a new route if you have a problem on the projected one in your GPS. Cost 190 €

A VERY IMPORTANT information is confirmed. The 2720 and Navigator 3 have a built in flash memory of 2 GB and comes with maps for 23 European countries installed. You also get the last version of Mapsource (V on a DVD. ONLY on a DVD so make sure your PC has a DVD drive.
Having a Compact Flash Card means NO HARD DRIVE, so no problems with vibrations affecting a HD.

The choice is now yours.

I'm in a quandary....
Get the Navigator with the Phone thingy and pay a crazy price for it, or get the Touratech 2720 Bike + Car kit for which there is still no adaptor for the GT to mount the bracket on ? GSM is connected to the system via Baehr.... Cost of Touratech 1140 €

Questions questions....
Caratz
1994 R 1100 RS "Lady Maggy"
2006 K 1200 GT "Peppi" the Beast
caratz

Beitragvon Hobbybiker » 12.03.2006, 21:08

:D Hi Leute

Habe mir das Gerät auf der Messe und bei meinem :) angeschaut ;
der Navigator III ist nicht ganz billig. Gerätepreis 1560€
Allerdings kann er deutlich mehr als der 2720 auf dem er basiert.

Die Zusatzfunktionen sind exclusiv für BMW

Erstes Garmin Gerät mit intergriertem Bluetooth (geht also direkt mit dem BMW-Helm oder Raider Headset)

10000Trackingpunkte möglich
Benzinfestes Display
und und (war noch einiges anderes)

auch die Software konnte ich mir anschauen (die neuste)
die sah sehr gut aus :)

Einzig das man keinen eigenen Akku hat finde ich nicht so gut....

da find ich den Raider besser weil man damit auch abgebaut etwas anfangen kann....

Das BMW Navi wäre mir auch zu teuer muss ich zugeben.

Aktuel bekommt wer ne RT kauft den Helm*Navi+Zubehör für 1500€ statt 2510€
Grüße aus der kurvigen Eifel
Hobbybiker

A

Beitragvon caratz » 14.03.2006, 22:48

I had a bit of time on my hands in the last two days, waiting for some stuff from work to come through, so I did the following :

Sent a direct email to BMW in München asking them if it was possible to connect their Navigator 3 to a Baehr Ultima XL via the sound cable. At the same time, I asked them if in case I connect my Bluetooth mobile phone via the GPS, the screen functionality would remain the same. That means seeing the number that is calling you on the GPS screen, and being able to dial an outgoing call via the screen. Also, would I hear the call ?

Before you guys start screaming at me for being a geek, let me explain that I make a living out of being reachable 24/7. Got to be able to pay for them toyz. I'm a one man company.

The reply I got from BMW is that they don't know about the interaction of the Navigator 3 with a Baehr installation, and could I please get in touch with Baehr.

This afternoon, I called the main office of Baehr. Used my best Hochdeutsch and asked them the same questions. Their answer was open and honest. They haven't had a Navigator 3 in hand yet, and rely on a customer to bring it in with his bike. Same about the 2720.

While I was at it, I called Touratech again, and they told me they need to have a GT in for a few days to experience with various forms of adaptors and put them into manufacturing.

Hey you guys that are getting early deliveries, why don't you sacrifice a few days to help the whole GT collectivity ? ;-)

I'M KIDDING !!!! I SWEAR !!! Don't hit me please ? :D
Caratz
1994 R 1100 RS "Lady Maggy"
2006 K 1200 GT "Peppi" the Beast
caratz

Zurück zu Navigation - Gps