Finally.

Die K 1200 GT + K 1200 GT im allgemeinen incl. technischer Fragen.

Finally.

Beitragvon caratz » 19.04.2006, 21:01

Today I got in touch with my dealer and asked him what the situation is. He called up BMW Belgium. I got a confirmation for the building of the bike on week 18. I hope to have it around May 12th.

Then a lot of stuff is to happen with the bike.

Other tires -it seems BMW hasn't homologated the Pilot Powers yet-

Another horn - they need to check if there is place for an LT horn or something else.

After that going to my comm guys to put in the Baehr that will come from my RS.

Subsequently, chosing the navigation system between Navi 3 and 2720 and once that is done, deciding wether to put in the Notter Perfect Pilot or not.

I MUST do my breaking in 1000 KM untill the 25th. because on that day I'm going to the Vosges (Vogesen) for a long weekend.
Caratz
1994 R 1100 RS "Lady Maggy"
2006 K 1200 GT "Peppi" the Beast
caratz

Beitragvon torre » 20.04.2006, 15:49

hallo caratz,
was ist bloß mit bmw belgien los, wird zuerst deutschland bedient?

das sind ja lieferzeiten wie in der alten DDR mit Trabant bei euch.

Gruß torre
Lenbenslauf: Kinderwagen, Tretroller, Fahrrad, Motorroller(Bali,Shadow), Moped(AfricaTwin, Varadero, GT)........(und irgendwann getunter E-Rolltsuhl)
torre

Beitragvon caratz » 20.04.2006, 20:00

But of course Germany is being served first. They want their own Prussians to test out the first production models to see what is wrong with them. Then they deliver the rectified bikes to the nice guys. :D Seriously, I don't understand it.

You are wrong about the Trabi. My wife's family are from Hungary. They were getting a new car, and paying the deposit on the next one for delivery 4 years later. When the time came, they got a letter to come and get their car. This was on an industrial ground. Hundreds of Dacia's and you pick one. You don't like the colors on offer ? Come back in a year. Showrooms ? Testrides ? Yeah right. Keep on dreaming.
Caratz
caratz

Beitragvon Swede » 21.04.2006, 13:40

Caratz,

Besides my K12GT I just ordered a new car. I found out that different dealers in Sweden had different delivery time due to the quotation of cars they have got.

It's very probably that different countries have got different quotations and that this bike has sold very well in Belgium.

I don't know when the BMW factory in Berlin closes for the weekend but mine ought to be produced by now as it was planned for this week. I can see :shock: it standing in it's box just waiting for transportation to Sweden.
Swede

Beitragvon Ebsi » 21.04.2006, 15:53

@caratz

i ordered at March 28th in grey. Delivery-Date is called June.

Which colour and which date of order is your´s?

regards
Eberhard
Ebsi

Motorrad: K48(2019),K50(2015)

Beitragvon caratz » 21.04.2006, 16:22

Hi Ebsi,

Ordered January 18th. Color Graphite Grey, light grey tank sidings. High End option package plus alarm, large topcase, tankbag, panniers protections, and reflective strip on the back of the panniers, high windshield.

Mods ordered :

Tires, I want the Michelin Pilot power.
Horn the standard is utter garbage. I want the horn of the LT.

Big problem is the Navigator. I don't want to pay the price for the Navi 3 without gettting all the necessary stuff to use it in my wife's car.

P.S. The slate grey (dark) tanks sidings really DO NOT FIT with the graphite grey. I have seen it live, it sucks.

Assemby is week 18 delivery ten days after that at the dealer.

From there to my Baehr guy, and breaking in the engine.

First ride the Vosges. (Vogesen) Everybody is invited to join us. For detail, PM me ?
Caratz
caratz

Beitragvon caratz » 21.04.2006, 16:33

"Swede"Caratz,

Besides my K12GT I just ordered a new car. I found out that different dealers in Sweden had different delivery time due to the quotation of cars they have got.

It's very probably that different countries have got different quotations and that this bike has sold very well in Belgium.

Cars are a different kettle of fish. It all depends on the options you require. In Belgium, you can drive out of the garage with a brand new car in 24 hours, provided you order one of the stock cars of your dealer. If you want the car to have specific options, you wait a few months.

The GT has been sold at around 60 + exemplaries at the Brussels car show. That, for a bike that hasn't been seen on the road, is just stunning.

I don't know when the BMW factory in Berlin closes for the weekend but mine ought to be produced by now as it was planned for this week. I can see :shock: it standing in it's box just waiting for transportation to Sweden.

I hope it gets delivered fast and wish you the best with it.
Caratz
caratz

Beitragvon Swede » 22.04.2006, 00:18

Caratz,

60+ bikes sold in one show and you still wonder why they have long delivery times in Belgium?

Anyway, I still think there is a similarity with order choice cars. The different BMW markets get a certain number of cars/bikes "reserved" on the production line in a certain time period. If they sell more they either have to wait to the next time period, or be lucky and get more from other markets who haven't sold their quote. As the K12GT probably sold very well on all markets, Belgium has not been able to get unused quotas.
Swede

Beitragvon caratz » 22.04.2006, 05:41

Swede,

I think it's a combination of the lack of balls of the Belgian importer ordering enough bikes to supply the market, and a much greater success then anyone could have expected from a relatively small market.

Michael, are there any stats about the amount of people who switched from R 1200 RT's to K 1200 GT's ? I think it would be interesting to know. On the day I went to Brussels, I met two people who were seriously considering the switch.

I must admit that until the GT came out, the RT was the bike of choice for me. But then, I always have dreamed of owing a powerful 4 cylinder with Telelever. The ergos of the old GT were terrible for my back, and it was heavy as a truck, so I hung on to my R 1100 RS. I test rode the K 1200 S in January in temps of - 5° to - 8°, fell in love with its flickability, but got serious back problems after that ride. After that, it took 4 days to order the GT. That engine in combination with the frame, brakes and Hossack suspensions.... The WOW factor....

Still, yesterday I took my first ride of the season with the Lady, and fell in love again with her and with riding in general. She's staying with me after the purchase of the GT. Will be used as a loaner bike for friends from afar, and as bike to be used on track and trainings, by me.

Today, I have a 700 km ride scheduled in the Ardennes. Going to have lunch in the Belgian Eifel at a place called Büllingen. From there we'll decide wether to ride to Luxemburg or to Durbuy. Both these routes were ridden by us last year during the meeting of Europrez. Life is SOOO tough at times. :mrgreen:
Caratz
caratz

Beitragvon Swede » 22.04.2006, 23:53

It's a dirty job but someone’s got to do it.

I’m driving my daughter and a horse to a jumping competition which will take all day, but who has ever said that this world would be just?
K1200GT-06
Swede

Beitragvon caratz » 23.04.2006, 00:19

That ride took longer then expected. In fact we started at 1030 and were back at 2130. It was cold when we left Antwerp, and for the first 160 KM. It was when we passed Spa that the sun started shining. Not having ridden since July last year, this time, everything came together and I just felt one with the bike, the road. God, why can't you make 10 days weeks of 40 hours days ? Like that I'd have the time to ride more.

Tomorrow, I have to take my son to his football game at O745 !!!! On a SUNDAY !!!! Life's not fair, it's going to be 22°.. BWAAAAAAH !!!
Caratz
caratz

Zurück zu K 1200 GT - K 1200 GT